Every building has to maintain their floors. With all of the foot traffic taking place every day, floors are bound to get a little banged up. Knowing what maintenance procedures to follow can help keep your floor in pristine condition for years to come. Among the types of flooring people use, hardwood and tile floors are some common options. These are some of the floor maintenance tips we have for hardwood and tile floors.
Tips for Hardwood Floors
- Keep your floors swept, dusted, and vacuumed. If you’re using a vacuum, you should place a hard floor adapter on it. This prevents the vacuum from scratching up your floor.
- Make sure you use the proper cloth. Microfiber cloths are a great option. Avoid steel wool at all costs or any other type of abrasive cleaner. Just like with the vacuum, you don’t want your floor scratched.
- Hardwood floor maintenance involves using the best cleaning solutions. The right solution will depend on the finish of your hardwood rather than the actual wood. Wax, polish, and oil-based products are not recommended because your finish can be dulled.
Tips for Tile Floors
- The first step of tile floor maintenance is to either vacuum or sweep the area. A broom or soft-bristled brush is ideal if you’re sweeping. For vacuuming, you’ll want to put a hard surface attachment on your vacuum so that you don’t leave scratches.
- Use a household cleaner once you’re finished with your sweeping or vacuuming. If you want, you could also mix a mild detergent with a little bit of water. If you’re cleaning a surface like stone or marble, avoid using acidic products. Your flooring material could start deteriorating as a result.
- Don’t clean your floors with sponges or sponge mops because they usually push dirt into the cracks of your floor instead of removing the dirt from your floor entirely. Instead, you’re better off with microfiber, chamois-style, or cotton cloths.
- Mats can be a very helpful part of tile floor maintenance because they help slow the rate at which your tiles suffer wear and tear. It’s ideal to put mats in rooms with a lot of foot traffic. Also, use floor protectors on furniture so that you lower the chances of scratching your floor.
Commercial Cleaning Services from A 360 Cleaning
A 360 Cleaning has provided Maryland with top-notch professional cleaning and janitorial services for over 12 years. We don’t cut corners and ensure that every customer is satisfied with their cleaning. Whether you need a glitter spill cleaned up or an entire office building, we are happy to help! We currently serve the following areas: Baltimore, Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Severna Park. To explore how we can help keep your facility clean all year long, give us a call at 410-852-5800 or visit us online. For more cleaning tips, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn