If you spend a lot of time at the gym, you might have noticed that gym equipment gets dirty incredibly fast. Gym mats in particular can be arduous to clean off if you don’t know what you’re doing. Here are few tips that can help you save time and clean your gym mats more effectively. Your gym members will appreciate a cleaner space when they do their pushups and planks!
- Sweep first – If you have excessive chalk or dirt from people’s shoes on your mats, sweep the area first. Loose dirt is much easier to pick up dry than wet.
- Allow for dwell time – Let your disinfectants sink in so that the chemicals can effectively kill off germs.
- Mop and scrub disinfected mats using plain water after they have had adequate dwell time.
- Use the right amount of detergent – Using too much soap will cause build-up to form on your mats. Always use a low-foaming cleaner, as other types may irritate customer’s skin or corrode your equipment. “Less is more is a good” rule to apply when it comes to water/soap and cleaning your mats.
- Change mop water often – Mopping with dirty water will just spread dirt around, and you won’t even notice until after it has dried.
- Use hot water – Hot water cleans better and dries faster. Use water up to 140 degrees when cleaning your mats.
- Operate mat scrubbers properly – Do not use a mat scrubber with water more than four times, as you will just be over saturating the mat with detergent and mop water. Scrubbing without soap or detergent will help draw the impurities out of the mat.
- Provide adequate ventilation – Open doors, turn on ceiling or floor fans. This will help speed up the drying process.
Get Professional Cleanup with A 360 Cleaning
A 360 Cleaning has provided Maryland with top-notch professional cleaning and janitorial services for over 12 years. Our experience helps us understand exactly what you and your medical office needs. We don’t cut corners and ensure that every customer is satisfied with their cleaning. To explore how we can help keep your medical office clean and green this summer, give us a call at 410-852-5800 or visit us online. For more cleaning tips, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.1